Thursday, May 15, 2008

The harvest is plentiful, but the laborers are few...

Then saith he unto his disciples, The harvest truly is plenteous, but the labourers are few; Pray ye therefore the Lord of the harvest, that he will send forth labourers into his harvest. Matthew 9:37, 38

I believe we are in the last of the last days and there is a harvest of souls out there.

As I seek God's continued direction as to my part as one of His workers in this end time harvest let me give you an update from the ministries God is using me in.
Here we are in mid-May and weather is still cooler than my liking. But getting close to wonderful. In a month the weather here will be the envy of many of my friends and family who are in warmer climates.

Let's give you a full but brief run down on whats going on in the different ministries.

First, Community Fellowship Church (http://www.kanepa.org/) seems to be going through a time of testing. I need to make some major decisions as to what direction we should take with the church. Next week I go to a Pastors Conference for 3 days with about 700 other pastors, so that will be good as I seek God's direction for our church. Also, we are excited to have our sermons now on CD, and hope to soon have them in MP3 format on our website so you can listen for free.

Now we'll move on to different aspects of Go Proclaim Ministries (http://www.goproclaim.com/)
BibleFood Devotional (http://www.biblefood.org/)
- We have added a new writer Dede from Oregon. She has such a pleasant and refreshing way of sharing God's Word.


To receive BibleFood devotions and her devotions through BibleFood you must subscribe to our FREE e-mail list (4500 members) at:



We have had some exciting new members of join of late who really want to see CPPA become all that I believe God intended it to be. So I'm hoping to see CPPA go to the next level this year. We have members in over 30 states and worldwide.

To join CPPA subscribe to it at:
and e-mail me or post here of your interest in being involved in this nationwide ministry so I can contact you and get you involved with us. We need volunteer directors all over the country.

BTW - I had to break down my 9' pool table when we moved a year ago and found out it won't fit in my basement, so it's been in pieces for a year now. I want to get back into the game and moving forward with CPPA. So I got permission from my wife to set it up in our garage for the time being (yeah you don't take a garage from your wife for a pool table without first getting PERMISSION). I'm planning on selling it, and finding a table I can fit into my basement (and give the garage back to my wife). Thanks Joyce for parking outside (and giving me the garage) so I can work on my pool game and ministry.

Finally, I have been invited to preach the gospel in India (again), Africa (Nigeria) and Pakistan (seeking God on that).

I am seeking God about going to Nigeria (maybe Kenya), Africa this fall.

I have wanted to go to Africa to proclaim the Gospel for as long as I can remember.

Now days a lot of people go to Africa, I have desired to do so for such a long time, that when I first wanted to go, back then (many, many years ago) it was not a "popular" missionfield like it is today. So pray with me for the finances to make this trip to AFRICA this fall.

There are other ministries I'm involved in, but these are the nationwide/worldwide ministries in my life that need your prayers for them to be all that God intended for them to be! It's plenty enough for me!

Also, keep me in your prayers now and always! THANKS!

Jim :-)

No comments: