Monday, January 18, 2010

Back in the USA after 6 exciting weeks in Nigeria, Africa!

Due to my 6-week missions trip and still not being home yet, this is the longest gap between blogs since I started this blog in 2007.

Lagos, Nigeria, Africa was an awesome 6-week trip (Nov. 25 - Jan 7)! Revival is happening in Lagos,Nigeria!

I preached 28 times in 3 denominations in approx. 8 different churches. It truly was an exciting time, and I can say the Southern Nigerian Christians are fired up for Jesus and experience much more revival than we do here in the USA. They are establishing mission churches to America!

Pastor Seyi of Livingstone Assembly, who invited me to Lagos, Nigeria, and housed me for six weeks. What a blessing he and his family were to me!


I also was able to go to one orphanage and support 2 orphanages. It was a glorious time.

I will share some of my audio messages from Africa on http://www.sermon.net/

When you go there, search under "biblefood" and you'll be able to listen to my sermons.

Also, I had time to build relationships with many ministers; they would like me to come back at the end of July (we'll see - but hope to).


Note: Meanwhile, we need to pray for Christians in Northern Nigeria (especially Jos) since there are deaths happening as the "Christians" and Muslims fight each other.
Upon leaving Nigeria, I flew back to Atlanta and spent a week with my family (who live in the Atlanta area), and now are currently in the Savannah area with a minister friend. I was able to preach and do a powerpoint presentation for the Sunday evening service about my trip to Nigeria.

We leave (driving) for Pennsylvania on Friday with stops in Columbia, SC, to visit the ministry that ordained me and possibly visit a church there and then to check out Charlotte, NC.

We are moving our ministry (www.goproclaim.com) to Charlotte, NC, in Spring 2010. We are excited about the move, we are not sure if we will pastor there or not, as we forsee much more travel in our ministry. Travel will be to churches and events in USA, as well as overseas (as the Lord provides). I am also seeking God's direction on full-time ministry or tentmaker.

Glad to be back blogging, writing devotions, chatting, etc.

Lots to share but this will have to do for now, in my next blog I'll share some of the unique things I learned while in Lagos :-)

No comments: