Thursday, October 18, 2012

Seeking God's Will all Summer LONG!

This site is primarily for family, friends,
and whoever cares to read about my journey in Christ
Sort of like an open diary.

This blog will cover quite a few subjects and is a little lengthy.

My shared scripture and brief thought:

And they continued stedfastly in the apostles' doctrine and fellowship,
and in breaking of bread, and in prayersActs 2:42

I would like to break down 4 essentials to being God's Church:

1. Committed to Apostles Doctrine (teachings of the BIBLE) 
2. Fellowship - This was doing LIFE TOGETHER
3. Breaking of bread - Either sharing a common meal and/or Lord's Supper
4. Prayers - We need this in our modern church

What a good guideline for the newborn church of Acts and for us today!

That's my little nugget for today's blog.

Now, We'll look at various areas in my journey over the past few months.

CYCLING:

 In my last blog I mentioned hurting my arm and wrist(s) on May 17 when I feel off my bike. Well, I'm happy to report it is pretty well healed, still hurts occasionally ,and I still don't try to lift heavy stuff with it.  Then, this summer I battled with a hurting knee.  That is under control as long as I put ice on it after rides, massage it, and take a basic anti-inflammatory.

Back in the end of July I cycled 35 (34.54 miles) to help raise funds for the
Cycstic Fibrosis Foundation
I had a blast doing it through the rolling hills of Waxhaw, NC
My support for this great cause was slow coming in and then in the last 2 weeks of July it jumped up. My final amount raised was $415.00 - Praise the Lord! 

Peanut Loop - 2 miles
Also, with riding about 300+ miles most months, I have found the Greenways are great for rides and going through UNCC campus (my highlight). Then, recently I started going to the "Peanut Loop" for cycing (above).  It's a nice, safe, well lit oval ride that looks like it was made for cycling.  It is around 2 miles long and I just go around it as many times as I like. It is one of the most popular cycling spots in the north Charlotte area.


WEATHER:


The temperature has been wonderful.  Actually, I like it warm so I'm not thrilled about what the next few months is going to bring but enjoying the moment.  No heat on, no air on, just open windows when it's not too chilly.  Over a 12 month period I would rate the weather in Charlotte as an 8 out 10.  Fall and Spring I would give it a 10 out of 10.  It's just wonderful.  Trees just now starting to turn, so full Fall foliage should happen in another couple weeks.

SPIRITUALLY  

This part of my journey I'll start with this clip from "Casting Crowns" (one of my favorite Christian groups). The song is called, "Praise You in This Storm."   Pretty much tells my story at this time.  

This is the worse financial situation I have been in for the last decade.  The late 1980's and early 1990's had been a pretty bad time financially, and in every other way possible.  In that trying time, I fell a way from the Lord and ran in the wrong direction for awhile.  This time with financial struggles, family issues, and then spiritually things seeming so quiet, too quiet! I have not gone the way of the world to fill the silence, struggles, and pains.  This time is so different than my last desert exprience (in 1980's-1990's). I have really tried to keep my focus on the Lord AND I have a level of peace through it all (which doesn't mean an absence of pain, stress, etc.).  It's hard to explain it. but I'm happy I'm not in 24/7 torment.  I am also blessed with a wonderful wife (Joyce) who is going through this with me. Boy does that make a difference! Though some of it has to be just me and God, she shares in a lot; but she doesn't get to be in my personal desert and time of face to face with God, that is my responsibility.  I know God is working in these trials, I know He is faithful, and ultimately it will all work out.  But in the mean time pray for me to "be strong in the Lord", and also pray for my family and fiances.

CHURCH
We are still involved with 1-2 house church groups, and visit a local fellowship when those house groups can't meet, and we will be starting a church in our home in November.  The main thing is being where God wants you and serving God and seeing His people as church and is not a building, but the people of God under the direction and care of the Lord Jesus Christ.

GO PROCLAIM MINISTRIES 
Our website (www.goproclaim.com) is slowly evolving into a better site.  Also, we are open to ideas for a new logo (I'm working on it, but would love input).  Things have been so quiet in Go Proclaim Ministries (zero support in the past year), but I have been able to chat online with many around the world, and counsel quite a bit by e-mail, chat, messaging, and some on the phone. That has been exciting and rewarding.

Praise note: There is also a couple that I have wanted to see get married, and to do their wedding, a month or so they announced they are engaged and want me to do their wedding (August 2013), I am so excited.   

Also check out my (newer) blog "Simply and Profoundly Christian" at: http://blessedtobeachristian.wordpress.com/
And my brand new "church blog" called "The Gathering" http://thegatheringnc.wordpress.com/  
Note: Some of my blogs have different info, sometime the blogs carry some of the same materials/articles.

BibleFood Devotional  
BibleFood Devotional website (www.biblefood.org) is doing well, last month we had our highest visits for the year with 211 visits per day.  This is another site needing some updates. You can follow BibleFood devotional on our website (www.biblefood.org) and our blog (www.biblefood.blogspot.com) and our BibleFood Twitter account (www.twitter.com/jimmazzulla)

Christian Pool Players Association (CPPA) -  I play about 3 hours a month, but not a whole lot of outreach. We did meet once this summer with brothers and sisters in Christ for a night of fellowship and playing pool for 3 hours (and will be meeting again this week).  It was also good because I got a chance over that time to reacquaint myself with some of the local pool players, it was an all around good time. I would like to play in an in-house weekly tournament, but my game isn't quite what it was. Not that I care about winning, I just would like to play a somewhat respectable game.  It also gives me opportunities to build relationships with other pool players (which has been fruitful in the past).  But my main reason I'm not playing is that with the tournament fee (though relatively small considering I play non-stop for 2 1/2 - 3 hours) and gas (round trip) adds up to about $30 an event - As I stated earlier, money is super tight right now :-/

CONCLUSION

ELECTION - I'm not thrilled with our choices, but please do vote while we still have the freedom to do so.

Please pray for ministry opportunities to open soon.

Thanks all for taking an interest in my life :-)

Jim

No comments: