Thursday, September 13, 2007

September 13 - Ministry update and more!

We'll it's been another busy week - But I Praise the LORD for how he is using me in this remote part of Pennsylvania. I can honestly say I don't miss the city life (Atlanta, GA), and love the slower more relaxed pace of my surroundings. But just like everywhere else, this area has some big problems. Hard drugs and alcoholism being a huge problem in this area, and also suicide. We just had a young man (early 20's) kill himself last week, this after his dad had had commited suicide in May of this year. So sad - I wish I could have had a chance to talk to people about Christ before making such a terrible decision as taking their lives.

We had our biggest turn out at Saturday evening service this past Saturday - PTL! We also have a speaker set up outside of our building broadcasting our services onto the streets for those walking by or sitting on a nearby bench.

Wednesday, I visited 8 prisoners, one a new person - PTL! Also, last week one inmate was released and we are helping him and he is attending our church. He is overwhelmed by the love our members have shown him and really wants to get grounded in the Bible - Pray that he will get well ground.

Also, Wednesday night we watched a video teaching by Ray Comfort, called "Hells Best Kept Secret" - I strongly recommend to you all to get the book or DVD of this teaching. I highly recommend it.

Pool league in our town started tonight (pools a big thing here), but I am not playing this week and will only sub as teams need me. This gives me the liberty to not play on weeks where my schedule dictates me to go in another direction. I have been asked to play on a team as a sub for next week. Pray that God will use me. I am hoping to meet more people by being a sub.

Tomorrow, I get ready for our weekend service, etc. That all for now. :-)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

God bless your wonderful positive wrtings.

Anonymous said...

Yo Pastor J!

Awesome blog site. You gotta hook me up on this blog thing so I can start one on my own!