Saturday, September 03, 2011

Summer almost gone - Exciting times!

It seem so strange that I am writing as summer is coming to an end and fall is coming in (though slowly). Our temperatures for the beginning of September have been in the  low 90's, but some cooler days, I think next week is supposed to be highs in the 80's all week (nice).

So what has happened since my last blog?

Weather wise from mid June to late August, the days have been hot, 90's every day (I think we hit a 100 once or twice).  While Joyce was miserable, I was fine as long as I thought about the Northern winters. 
I would rather have 100 than zero any day!

In July:

On my sister's (Terri) birthday (July 22) was also the birthday of Miki's daughter. It was a home delivery with a mid-wife and done in a large tub of water. The baby is Isabella, Miki's first girl after 3 boys. She makes our 7th grandchild.


Here is my first picture post of my granddaughter - Isabella Violet, born July 22, 2011.
Weight 7 lbs 8 oz and 18 3/4 inches long. She is a healthy baby - PTL!
 
Brandon (Miki's middle child) had a birthday in July, too.  He's a great grandkid - He's 7!

In August:
  
August 15th went to Billy Graham Library in Charlotte (about 35 mins from our home).
  
August 22 - Joyce and I went to Justus Apple Orchard. Took a little drive up to Hendersonville to pick apples and blackberries! Fun day!



On August 27th - We have been in Charlotte for over a year now. Really felt part of my ministry here would be Campus ministry to college students, so I was delighted when a friend asked me to come to the first meeting of http://intlcampusconnections.com/   We had approx. 35-45 students from 10 foreign countries: Philippines, China, Taiwan, Japan, South Korea, Iran, Netherlands, India, Sweden. It was an exciting time for me with having a heart for University students and for missions.

As we go into September:




















Today, we went to Jim and Jan's 50th Annivesary, they live in South Carolina (one hour away). We used to go to the same church in Woodstock, GA, until 2005 (when I took the pastorate in Pennsylvania).

Other thing coming in September:
Joyce's birthday is tommorow she'll be ____. You'll have to ask her, I ain't telling.

Then, my birthday on the 16th. Where have all the years gone!!!

Our anniversary is on the 25th, and I love Joyce more with each new day (we're lifers).

So September should be a busy month :-)

That's all the highlights I'll share in this blog.  
As always, we've had trials too (who hasn't), but in today's blog we'll just end it here on a positive note.

God Bless!

Jim

For the LORD is good; his mercy is everlasting; and his truth endureth to all generations.  PSA. 100:5


No comments: