Wednesday, December 28, 2011

Winter is here - Let me tell you about an exciting last 3 1/2 months! (part 1 of 2)

This site is primarily for family, friends, and whoever cares to read about my journey in Christ. 

Note:  If you are looking for my devotionals go to: http://www.biblefood.blogspot.com/

This blog is long, and I do hope some will still read it since I took the time to put it together.  Thanks :-)

I also have added a video blog right here for those who would rather see and hear me share about these last few months, see attached Video Blog:




As I get ready to share in this blog, I found it interesting that outside of the USA we have had the most visits here from Russia (no way! who?), Taiwan (really? who?), and Nigeria (no surprise here - lol).  I would love to know who's keeping up with my journey from Russian, Taiwan, and Nigeria :-)  Actually, anyone outside of my immediate family and friends, I would love to know who you are.

This update will be broken into two parts  as it is much longer than usual as so much has happened in  the past 4 months, but it will get you up to speed on what's happening in my journey.  This blog will cover September/October. Then, in a few days I'll blog again covering November/December.

I will share the good (mostly) and the bad and ugly some, but I won't go into too much detail since this is viewable by all, and I do want to maintain some level of privacy matters.  You can always email me directly at: biblefood@gmail.com

So here's my new update:

September

Actually, we have to briefly go back to August, as a lot of what I have to share will be connected to an event in August.  Back in August we were told by some friends to watch "Fat, Sick and Nearly Dead" (1 hr. 37 min. movie/documentary)

Free on Netflix and Hulu. (http://www.hulu.com/watch/289122/fat-sick-and-nearly-dead) and then the "Food Matters" (1 hr. 17 min. movie/documentary). 

This was the start of a change to my health and weight loss.  Joyce and I watched this in mid-August and we both decided to give it a go.  In order to change our eating habits, we had to rid the house of many processed/junk foods (some of which we may have overlooked as good foods).  So, we took about 3 weeks to slowly transition away from processed and junk foods to mainly fruits and vegetables.  During that transition, I lost 2 to 5 lbs. That was a pleasant surprise! Also, we got the book "Eat to Live" b y Dr. Fuhrman. What a great book of healthy eating and cooking! Then, on September 16th we started "officially" on our juicing, raw foods, healthy homemade soups, and salad diet.  I did the "Reboot" as it is called, and Joyce mainly did the "Eat to Live".  I really don't like calling either of them a "diet".  As diets are all those things we "try" and fail at, and are often not really healthy.  What Joyce and I did was more of a lifestyle change to healthy eating. So, that began a journey that would affect us in many areas of our life, all in a positive way.   Also, as shared previously, we had an eventful September with Joyce's birthday, my birthday and our anniversary.  September was quite an exciting month.

October
What a beautiful month and weather was great too!

Autumn tree from my back porch.  Beautiful!
By the end of October, I had lost approximately 17 lbs. - how exciting!  Also, most importantly, I have noticed that I fall asleep faster.  It used to take me a couple hours, now it's usually 5-15 minutes. I am still tired a lot, but at least I'm not dragging my butt 24/7 like I used to.  I have more energy and looking forward to that continuing to be the case. In addition to that, I have seen almost all of my digestive problems disappear.  So, I'm thrilled with the improvement in my health at the end of October with noticeable positive differences, and will share more of that in my November/December blog that I will be sharing in a few days (then I'll be caught up to the current time :-) in my blog).

Also, by the grace of God and others blessing Joyce with the airfare, Joyce was able to visit her 98-year-old grandmother.  When Joyce asked her, "Do you know who I am", she answered back, "Of course I know who you are, you're Joyce."  That made Joyce feel good, and she enjoyed her visit with her Grandmother, mother, sister, brother and other family and friends :-)

For those who think life is suppose to be a bed of roses, on the not so good side our financial situation is the worse in over a decade, really stretching us to believe God during this time. Honestly, it is quite draining emotionally, as well as financially.  I really don't care about "things" much now.  I just want to pay my bills, enjoy family, and hopefully get to see more of them and more often.  Also, most important of all to me is to live a life that pleases God, which often goes contrary to people's logic.  Being a God pleaser is so much more important than being a people pleaser.

To end this blog, on the more humorous side, here is a pic of our dog Rusty sleeping, he looks like he's dead but it's just one of his favorite sleep positions.

Rusty sleeping
Glad to be able to share with you all, your prayers are always needed and appreciated.

I'll post again in a few days, until then be blessed and be a blessing!

No comments: